RIP 2017 (2017 - 2017)
What a long, cold year it's been. What better way to celebrate the death of a crushing and cruel 365 days than with a trivia victory win? Amirite? Of course, only one of you will really be able to start off 2018 with a win. The rest of you will already be trying to catch up in this new year. But hey, that's okay. Here's some resolutions you can use to up your game this year:
1. Read a newspaper. Pop culture, world politics, news, current events, weather patterns, the obscure name of the writers of obscure comic strips - it's all in there, pal! That's round one fodder just waiting to be devoured.
2. Surf Wikipedia. Look up your favorite actors and find out what their parents did for a living. Literally, every 10 point clue in Round 4 mentions the odd job held by mom and dad.
3. Kick the idiot off your team. By now, you've played enough games to know the strengths and weaknesses of each player on your team. But there's always that one guy who shows up every week - that you're not even really clear on how you know him - and he contributes nothing. Not only does he not get any answers right, but he always convinces you to double in the second round leading you to bomb out early with no hopes of recovery. Trade him to another team, tell him the location of the game changed, or kill him.
4. Bribe a Quizmaster for the answers. We're sworn to a strict code to never share any answers with you... that code stops at a few Ulysses S Grant's being palmed over.
5. Play Sporcle religiously. And when I say religious - I mean it. Bow down to its altar, play it night and day, prioritize logic puzzles over actual work. Trivia matters - prove it.
|Game Rank||Team #||Team Name||Score||Teams Beaten||Team Beat Average|
|1||New Year, Who Dis||66||10||1.000|
|2||10889||The Tea Lizards||65||9||0.900|
|3||10445||A Team Has No Name||64||8||0.800|
|4||The Voter Fraud Commission||30||6||0.650|
|9||Slip N Slide||20||2||0.200|
|10||We Try Hard||18||1||0.100|